I'm nearly forty years old. That's a scary thought. What makes it scarier is that I don't really have plans for what I want to do with my life. There are
Things I Want to Do™, but no actual plans. To help me with that, I'm going to try to codify my goals and define them better … starting now.
I want to:
- Own a boat and cruise.
- Have a clean home.
- Have my kids graduate high school (preferably college).
- Travel to other countries.
This all sounds simple. It isn't that simple. Each of those has some big prerequisites (except cleaning — we’ll get to that in a minute).
- The boat needs:
- Education about boats and boathandling.
- Better swimming skills on my part.
- Swimming skills on my kids' parts.
- Less stuff.
- Maybe some money for supplies and organisational stuff.
- More money, if they go to college.
- Less time committed to other things.
There are two themes that keep coming up: time and money. Unfortunately, in my current circumstances, having one generally means I don’t have the other, but I need to figure something out.
I can't have more money by having more time (not doing anything). It just doesn't work that way. However, if I have more money, I can get away from having to do as much, so I can have more time by having more money. So, it sounds like I need to develop some side gigs.
This means less time available now, but more money soon and more time after that.
Any ideas for side gigs from home using my Chromebook and/or Raspberry Pi?